Tuesday 22 February 2011

Front cover of Digi Pack..

Considering that I don't use Photoshop a lot of the time I think that my front cover looks original and it keeps the qwerky sense and style of Ellie Goulding but it just has my own twist on it. The album is called lights so on the front cover I have tried to tie this in with the image.
First thing that I did on Photoshop was imported the image that I wanted to use in, I chose the image of Charlotte with the red lights wrapped around her as this looked effective and I knew that it would work on the front cover. I changed the opacity and contrast a tiny but to make sure that the image looked perfect before making any changes.












I then thought that adding some extra light would really work well so I went on to google and I found a really good image of a lady with coloured beams of light spread across the picture, they looked a little like rain drops on a camera lense but they were coloured. As soon as I saw the image I knew that it would look really effective on my front cover.







In photoshop I then unlocked the layer and used the rubber tool to rub away the woman in the image, so that i was just left with the coloured lights. I didn't know if it was going to work but it did.












Once I had rubbed away the lady in the background and I was left with coloured lights, i opened the picture of Charlotte with the lights wrapped around her and I dragged the lights on to the picture, they went over the top of the image and they looked effective straight away. I really like the look so I kept it. I used the blurr tool to touch up on any bits of colour that were not supposed to be showing and it looked really good.














The last touch I had to make to the front cover was adding the text to the cover.
I used a font that looked like Ellie Goulding's original font but not exactly the same, I made the font a bright yellow colour so that it looked like a bright light and I embossed it to make the font really stand out. For the smaller text underneath the name was coloured in a darker yellow to give it contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment